The Threads of My Life List What are yours?
AlmostKindaSorta’s Life List
1. Fix up the farmhouse my great-grandfather/grandfather/father grew up in.
2. Pick fruit from my backyard
3. Trace my family tree
4. Give a speech in front of a crowd
6. Have a child*
7. Go to Cooperstown
8. Decorate a room and be pleased with the results
9. Go to Alaska
10. Win a writing contest
11. Publish a romance novel
12. Visit my Grandmother’s grave
13. Teach a history class
14. Teach a creative writing class
15. Catch a foul ball at a MLB game
16. Can fruits or vegetables
17. Hike the entire summit of Haleakala
18. Hike the Appalachian Trail
19. Throw a surprise party
20. Own land with a creek
21. Take my child to my grandparent’s home *
22. Have a stand along RAGBRAI
23. Take my husband to my grandparent’s home
24. Sit on my grandparent’s porch with my cousin when the stars are
out, and reflect on how life has changed since the last time we did this when we were kids
25. Celebrate my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary
26. Inspire one of my students to do something amazing.
27. Spend a day in a cabin by myself
28. Drive across the United States
29. Boat somewhere remote
30. See the Northern Lights
31. Feel like I have a “home town”
32. Have a “family” that includes neighbors/friends
33. Paint a piece of furniture
34. Hand something down through the generations
35. Go to the Holocaust museum in DC
36. Put wildflowers my children have picked for me on my windowsill.
37. Enjoy a candlelit dinner with my husband.
38. Get season tickets to the Cardinals
Cut down a Christmas Tree
40. Give a tour through a historical home
41. Learn enough code to design a website.
42. Watch my child play in the ocean.
43. Be in the audience at the Daily Show or Colbert Report
Grow enough fruit/vegetables in one summer that I don’t have to buy any
Be a guest speaker
46. Do meaningful research
47. Buy a ridiculously expensive pair of shoes/piece of clothing.
48. Really learn how to use my camera
49. Eat entirely local for a week
Own a barn
51. Sew something wearable
52. Go to Canada
53. Go to Yellowstone with my husband & children.
54. Go to the Smokies with my husband & children.
55. Give a truly meaningful gift.
56. Go to every MLB ballpark.
57. Remove 50% of the plastic from my life
58. Start a Christmas tradition with my family
59. Listen to the owls hoot at night with my children and tell them how I used to do the same thing with my Grandma.
60. Win a photography contest
61. Get someone flowers
62. Take a vacation with just my sisters
63. Take my husband & children to my grandparent’s church.
64. Put wildflowers on my Grandmother’s grave
65. Camp for a week straight.
66. Make my own house cleaner.
67. Reduce processed food from my diet by 50%
68. Go ice skating with my husband & kids
69. Take my son to a fly-in.
70. Find somewhere I enjoy teaching
71. Get a fantastic haircut
72. Read my kids a chapter book, one chapter a night before they go to bed.
73. Grow an apple tree
74. Complete another novel.
75. Create a scavenger hunt for a group of kids
76. Organize an easter egg hunt.
77. Go on a vacation with friends.
78. Snowboard (and not break anything)
79. Make pasta from scratch
80. Take pictures at a major event for someone
81. Throw a party for a sporting event.
82. Throw a summer party.
83. Go to a winery.
84. Watch the stars with my family
85. Dance in the park where I met my husband under starlight, like we did when we were first dating.
86. Go to Sweden for Santa Lucia Day
87. Watch It’s a Wonderful Life with my son on Christmas Eve
88. Take my son to the zoo
89. Spend a day in bed with husband and kids
90. Make a snowman on a snow day with my son
91. Watch my son’s excitement on Christmas morning.
92. Go on a writing retreat.
93. Wear a ball gown
94. Teach my son the states and their capitals.
95. Make sugar cookies with my son.
96. Make snow angels with my kids
97. See whales in the wild
98. Put a bird feeder in my back yard and watch/identify the birds with my kids.
99. Play on an adult slow pitch softball league
100. Have a “candy” party.
101. Find a champagne I enjoy.